8/1/2013 - iLab moved to 510 Tickle building.
4/20/2012 - iLab web site upgraded.
5/29/2011 - PowerEdge R910 is online.
5/27/2011 - uPrint 3D printer is online.
5/27/2011 - 3D Laser scanning system is ready.
Welcome to the Ideation Laboratory (iLab)
This site is the entrance to the world of rapid prototyping for students and faculty of the University of Tennessee. The iLab contains equipment and software to convert ideas into tangible and functional prototypes. Key equipment and software packages currently include:
- 3D printer (uPrint from Stratasys): outputs ABS plastic parts up to 8”x6”x6”
- 4-axis milling (Roland MDX-40A); outputs plastic and wood parts up to 12”*12”*4”
- Laser Surface Engraver (Epilog): engraves glass, plastic, wood and metal flat surfaces to 1000dpi.
- PowerEdge R910 Server (Dell): 128G RAM, 48 cores.
- 3D Laser Scanning - Next Engine
- Unity3D (Apple/Andriod Apps development, 3D gaming)
- Solidworks, AutoCAD, Adobe Master Collection
- ... and a lot more.
Process to access the iLab
iLab is a rapid prototyping center with multiple, high quality tools for making prototypes. The following is your roadmap to getting your first fabrication completed in iLAB.
iLab is available through three access means. These means are established to allow the material costs of the iLab to be billed to the appropriate cost center.